[-]
Tags
monitor keep docking laptop but help? close lid screens turned station on

Docking station - Close laptop lid but keep monitor screens turned on Help?
I have just brought a docking station and I want to be able to close the lid of my laptop but keep the display on my monitor screens. Every time I lose the lid on my laptop the screens keeping going into sleep mode how can I stop this there must be a way?
(03-16-2020, 10:16 AM)MrHappy Wrote: I have just brought a docking station and I want to be able to close the lid of my laptop but keep the display on my monitor screens. Every time I lose the lid on my laptop the screens keeping going into sleep mode how can I stop this there must be a way?

Hi welcome to the forum, what laptop do you have and what docking station are you using?
Thanks Smile 

I have a Dell Inspiron and an Amazon Basics docking station.
(03-18-2020, 07:30 PM)MrHappy Wrote: Thanks Smile 

I have a Dell Inspiron and an Amazon Basics docking station.

Cool, you can change what your laptop does when you close the lid by going to start and search "power & sleep". Now open this and click on Additional Power Settings now click on change plan settings next to your power plan you have selected you now need to click on change advanced power settings and you now need to click on "power buttons and lid" and you will now be able to choose what happens when you close your laptop lid you want to change it to "do nothing"
That is brillant thank you soo much for your help I did think there must be a setting to choose what happens when you close your laptop lid.