[-]
Tags
working?? printer not

Printer not working??
Hi

I am trying to connect my printer to my laptop but for some reason its not working?

I am using my older laptop downstairs as its more convenient as i can't get into my office at the moment to plug it into my PC. I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop.

It keeps saying its installing the drivers but then fails on the last one?

Any ideas for a novice like me Smile

Thanks in advance
(02-07-2020, 10:34 AM)Acre_Woods Wrote: Hi

I am trying to connect my printer to my laptop but for some reason its not working?

I am using my older laptop downstairs as its more convenient as i can't get into my office at the moment to plug it into my PC. I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop.

It keeps saying its installing the drivers but then fails on the last one?

Any ideas for a novice like me Smile

Thanks in advance

Can I ask what printer you are using?

And does it say the drivers are not supported?
Hi The Guru

It's a HP Deskjet 3637

I'm not sure, Windows just automatically installs them when I plug it in but then keeps saying 'failed' on the last one.

I tried the troubleshooting option and it still doesn't work, I'm not sure how to download them from the internet.
(02-07-2020, 10:56 AM)Acre_Woods Wrote: Hi The Guru

It's a HP Deskjet 3637

I'm not sure, Windows just automatically installs them when I plug it in but then keeps saying 'failed' on the last one.

I tried the troubleshooting option and it still doesn't work, I'm not sure how to download them from the internet.

Unfortunately HP Printers are no longer supported by Windows 7, theres your problem Smile

If you tried to download the drivers from their website it will tell you when they no longer supported Windows 7 but I think it was last month.
Ah I see, thank you so simple but annoying.

Looks like I'll have to get back in my office ASAP and plug it into my PC, I have Windows 10 on there which my son installed for me, perhaps I'll get him to upgrade my laptop also. Smile Thanks again