Play 2 Player Local Co-op With Friends & Family!
It’s hard to believe that Mario Odyssey came out in 2017, and it only feels like yesterday we were having fun smashing out the levels on that game! The great news is that we now have Bowsers Fury to play on the Switch, which is very similar in many ways.
The fantastic thing with the new Bowsers Fury is that you can play 2 player local Co-Op. This way, a friend or family member can help you along with the levels, especially if you are finding them difficult to complete alone.
What Is Bowsers Fury?
Bowsers Fury is an exciting game where your objective is to collect all the cat shines, and to do this you need to complete certain challenges to obtain them. Not only do you need to collect the cat shines you will also need to battle Bowser!
Similar to Mario Oddysey where your second player took control of Mario’s hat to help you out, in Bowsers Fury your second player will take control of Bowser Junior, which is pretty cool. So grab two Joy-Cons and give Bowsers Fury a try!
Does Bowsers Fury Have Online Multiplayer?
Unfortunately, Bowsers Fury does not have online multiplayer. However, Super Mario 3D World does so you can still play with your friends online within that. Or just like Bowsers Fury, you can also play local co-op within Super Mario 3D World.
How To Play 2 Player Co-Op In Bowsers Fury on the Switch:
1. Load up Super Mario 3D World on your Nintendo Switch > Get your first Joy-Con and position it so that the SL and SR buttons are on the top of the controller > Press the two buttons SL & SR (your controller should now be connected to your Switch)
2. Do the same as step one with your second Joy-con controller
3. Get your player one Joy-con (one green light will be showing on the Joy-Con) and press X to ready up and continue
4. Click on Bowsers Fury > Select either New Game or Resume (if you select New Game you will need to complete a short intro before your second player can join)
5. Grab both Joy-cons and press the back triggers on both (L button and R button) > Press A to continue
6. Press the + button on your Joy-Con controller to bring up the menu > Select Two-Player mode (using the other controller) > Press A to continue
7. Get your first Joy-Con and position it so that the SL and SR buttons are on the top of the controller > Press the two buttons SL & SR (your controller should now connect to the game)
8. Do the same as the above method with your second Joy-con controller so you are both connected
9. Press X on the first Joy-Con to join in the game as 2 player local Co-Op
That’s it for our guide on how to play Bowsers Fury Switch local 2 player Co-op. You can now play Bowsers Fury with help from Bowser Junior, on your Nintendo Switch console!
If this guide did help you out then check out more of our gaming guides here.