Fastest Way To Reduce Image File Size In Windows 10
Quickly Change Picture File Size For Emails Without Third Party Programs
If you have got a couple of images or pictures that you want to quickly change the file size of, then this can be done using Paint.
Paint comes preinstalled with Windows 10 and is a great program to quickly reduce image sizes without needing to download third-party software.
You may need to make your image file sizes smaller to save space if transferring over to a USB or if you are trying to attach them to an email. It is really frustrating when you try to attach your picture to an email and it says ‘file size too large’, so this a fast and easy way around that problem.
By doing the below method it can sometimes reduce the file size of a picture or image by up to half the original size if you are lucky!
It is definitely worth making a backup of your pictures and images before doing the below method just in case it does make a change to the picture quality that you don’t like
How to change or reduce the file size of a picture and image:
1. Find the picture you would like to change or reduce the file size of
2. Right click the image > Click on edit
3. Now the picture should be open in Paint > Click on File > Click on Save
You will now notice that the file size of your picture or image has been reduced, and that is how easy it is to change the file size quickly.
– You can check the file size of an image by simply clicking on the picture in File Explorer and at the bottom of File Explorer it will say ‘1 item selected’ and the size of the image.
– You can also check an image file size by right-clicking on the image in File Explorer > Properties > Under the General tab you will see the size of your picture
Check out the video tutorial below on Quickest Way To Reduce Image File Size In Windows 10 Without Third Party Programs if you are getting stuck: