How To Remove Shut Down, Restart, Sleep & Hibernate Buttons From Windows 10 Start Menu
Stop These Commands Being Pressed By Accident!
This Windows 10 tutorial will show you how to remove these buttons from your start menu on your PC.
Windows 10 gives you many power options in the start menu so you can easily disable these commands, but what a lot of people don`t realise is that you can remove the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands from the start menu and also from the screen that is displayed when pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete by changing a policy in Group Policy Editor.
This can be a great thing to do if you are doing important work and you have kids around, you don’t want them to accidentally press restart or shutdown!
To Remove Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands:
1. Type regedit into the Windows 10 search bar (bottom left-hand corner of the screen) > Open Registry Editor
2. Copy and paste the below directory into the address bar and press enter
3. Double click on ‘Value’ (right hand side)
4. Change the Value key to 1 > Press OK
5. To also remove the hibernate, restart and sleep commands go back to the registry and click on the relevant folders and change the values to 1
– Back up your PC and any work before making any changes to the registry
– To undo removing the power commands change the values back to 0
Check out the video tutorial below on How To Remove Or Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep & Hibernate Buttons From Start Menu Tutorial if you are getting stuck: