Check If Secure Boot Is Turned On Or Off In Windows 10
Check If Secure Boot Is Enabled In Windows 10
In this post, we will be showing you how you can check to see if secure boot is enabled or disabled within Windows 10 on your PC or Laptop.
If your system supports secure boot and it is enabled then we will be able to easily check this within Windows Security.
If you are unsure what Secure boot does, it can help prevent malicious software from loading when you turn on your computer. If you have also tried installing another operating system to run alongside Windows 10 then it can also stop that as well, and you would need to turn Secure Boot off.
Checking If Secure Boot Is Enabled In Windows 10:
1. Open the start menu and search “Windows Security” and open it
2. Now click “Device Security“
3. You will now see Secure boot in the list and if your system has secure boot enabled then it will say “Secure boot is on“
If you can’t see anything that says secure boot then this most likely means that secure boot is not enabled. However, there is one other location you can check if the secure boot is turned on
If Secure Boot Is Missing From Windows Security:
1. Open the start menu and search “System Information” and open it
2. Click “System Summary” in the left menu
3. You now need to find “Secure Boot State” and this will also let you know if secure boot is turned on or off
There you have it that’s how you can see if secure boot is turned on or off in Windows 10. If you are planning on installing another operating system alongside Windows 10 then you will most likely need to turn secure boot off, but just be warned by doing so could cause problems with your current Windows 10 system.
Check out more of our Windows 10 posts here.
Check out the video tutorial below on Windows 10 Check If Secure Boot Is Turned On Or Off if you are getting stuck: