VPS (also known as Virtual Private Server) is a great way of hosting your website as it is not too expensive and gives you some of the advantages of having a dedicated server. But the question is, are there any free VPS hosting solutions out there? The answer is yes! And that’s exactly what we will be taking a look at in this post.
I have put together a list of different VPS hosting providers that allow you to host your website for free. When it comes to hosting a website everyone would like to do this for cheap as possible, or even free would be nice so that’s why I have put together this guide.
Is it safe to host a website using free VPS hosting? Well, the ones that I have handpicked below are safe to host on. As long as you do not violate any of the terms and conditions, then you should be fine.
How to choose the best VPS?
No one can make the decision for you when it comes to choosing the best VPS host and you will need to look at what you are getting for the money.
For example, if you host large images and video files then you would want a VPS plan that offers a good amount of storage space. Or if you want to have a fast-loading website then you will want a VPS server with a better CPU and memory.
The best thing to do when choosing the right VPS provider is to check out reviews online, and also check Reddit and see what other users are saying. Just be careful though as there are a lot of affiliated reviews online that will only mention the good things about a host and not the bad.
Free VPS Hosting Providers 2023
Below is a list of different web hosting providers that offer VPS hosting for free. I have not put the list in any order of preference, so you will need to decide which one you would like to host your site on.
Free lifetime VPS options are available, just be careful when choosing a plan and make sure it falls under the free hosting option.
- Two Oracle Autonomous Databases with powerful tools like Oracle APEX and Oracle SQL Developer
- Two AMD Compute VMs
- Up to 4 instances of ARM Ampere A1 Compute with 3,000 OCPU hours and 18,000 GB hours per month
- Block, Object, and Archive Storage; Load Balancer and data egress; Monitoring and Notifications
Check out Oracle Cloud hosting here
Amazon is very nice and gives you free hosting for three months, so you can test out the servers and decide if Amazon Lightsail is the right fit for your website.
- Three months free on Linux/Unix bundles: $3.50 USD/month, $5 USD/month, and $10 USD/month
- Three months free on Windows bundles: $8 USD /month, $12 USD/month, and $20 USD/month
- Three months free on the $15 USD/month Database bundle
- Three months free on the $10 USD/month Container service (Micro -1 node)
- 12 months on CDN
Check out Amazon Lightsail hosting here
AWS Amazon Cloud
Again like Amazon Lightsail, there is also a free tier if you are wanting to use Amazon EC2, so you can get free VPS hosting on AWS for 12 months.
As part of the AWS Free Tier, you can get started with Amazon EC2 for free. This includes 750 hours of Linux and Windows t2.micro instances (t3.micro for the regions in which t2.micro is unavailable), each month for one year. To stay within the Free Tier, use only EC2 Micro instances.
Check out AWS Amazon EC2 hosting here
You must have heard of Google and if you have then you know how huge the company is. They also offer a free VPS Google Cloud, you can grab yourself 90 days of free hosting.
- 90-day, $300 Free Trial: New Google Cloud and Google Maps Platform users can take advantage of a 90-day trial period that includes $300 in free Cloud Billing credits to explore and evaluate Google Cloud and Google Maps Platform products and services. You can use these credits toward one or a combination of products.
- Limited time T2A Free Trial: See Creating an Arm VM instance for offer details.
- Free Tier: All Google Cloud customers can use select Google Cloud products—like Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, and BigQuery—free of charge, within specified monthly usage limits. When you stay within the Free Tier limits, these resources are not charged against your Free Trial credits or to your Cloud Billing account’s payment method after your trial ends.
Check out Google Cloud hosting here
Azure Microsoft Cloud
Another big company Microsoft also offers a free tier hosting that you can use for 12 months, so if you fancy trying out Azure the link is below.
- Popular services free for 12 months
- 55+ other services free always
Check out Azure Microsoft hosting here
Linode also offers some free bundled services which you can usually use for up to two months for free, but you will need to sign up to see what is currently on offer.
If nothing is on offer Linode does have a 7-day money-back guarantee at the time of writing this so you can test the hosting platform for 7 days for free.
So which free VPS providers did you choose? As you can see there are a few options when it comes to getting free hosting online.
The above list contains trusted web hosts. If you do come across other sites advertising free hosting just do some research about the provider before hosting your valuable website on their servers.