Welcome to the dark and treacherous world of Diablo 4, an action-packed, hack-and-slash role-playing game that immerses players in a struggle against the forces of evil and Lilith and her army of creatures/demons.
Set in the fictional realm of Sanctuary, players are tasked with confronting Lilith and all the normal Diablo creatures and enemies who seek to unleash chaos upon the mortal realm. With an enthralling storyline, diverse character classes, and addictive loot-driven gameplay, the Diablo 4 video game offers an adventure that will keep players on the edge of their seats as they battle hordes of demons, uncover ancient mysteries, and complete thrilling quests.
We have listed 5 of our favorite Diablo 4 cons and 5 Diablo 4 pros to help you decide if you want to play it or not, or see if you agree with us!
Table Of Contents
Diablo 4 Cons:
- Leveling System sucks:
– One of the main things Diablo 4 fans like to do is level up their characters with the best build. But in Diablo 4 it seems pointless to level up as the enemies level up with you, so they never get easier. So you go out, level up, get the best loot, upgrade your weapons, and equip legendaries to beat a dungeon boss that’s too hard! You then find that it is still too hard because it has matched your new level.
- No offline mode:
– The game’s always-online requirement, even for single-player modes, may be off-putting for some players who prefer an offline gaming experience. This decision can hinder accessibility in areas with unreliable internet connections. And if the servers are down you cannot play the game or will have connection issues.
- Lag & rubber banding/server issues:
– When playing with friends or in local co-op there seems to be a lot of lag issues and rubber banding and the characters struggle to keep up with each other.
- The invisible wall/game not loading:
– Sometimes when you go into a new area it won’t load properly or not at all due to connection and server issues.
- Microtransactions and In-Game Store:
– The inclusion of microtransactions and an in-game store has raised eyebrows among the community. To buy anything will also cost you a fortune!
Diablo 4 Pros:
- Dark and Atmospheric World:
– Diablo 4’s gothic-inspired setting is a masterpiece of atmospheric design. The grim and haunting landscapes, eerie dungeons, and sinister enemies create a great experience that perfectly captures the essence of the Diablo franchise. The graphics are definitely a step up from Diablo 3.
- Great Storyline for Campaign:
– The game’s story takes players on an epic journey through the war-torn realms of Sanctuary. Rich lore, intriguing characters, and unexpected plot twists keep players invested in the unfolding tale. And the story of Lilith and her follower is a fun one!
- Cool Character Classes:
– Diablo 4 offers a wide range of character classes, each with unique playstyles, abilities, and skill trees. Whether you prefer the brute strength of the Barbarian, the awesome powers of the Sorceress, or the tactical cunning of the Rogue, there’s a class to suit every player’s preferences. No Monk like Diablo 3, but the characters are still great.
- Fluid Combat Mechanics:
– Combat in Diablo 4 feels fluid and satisfying, with improved animations and responsive controls. The addition of dynamic environmental interactions adds depth and tactical possibilities to encounters, enhancing the overall gameplay experience.
- Shared Open World:
– Diablo 4 introduces a shared open world, allowing players to interact and team up in the vast Sanctuary. This seamless multiplayer experience encourages collaboration and you can help each other out in a touch challenge, boss, or battle. We have put this as a pro but can also be a con as you may go to do an event and it’s already just been completed, making you miss out on that all-important XP and loot!
Diablo 4 promises an enthralling return to the dark and dangerous world that fans of the series adore. With its engrossing storyline, diverse character classes, and refined combat mechanics, it sets the stage for an epic adventure.
However, the always-online requirement, server and loading issues, and level scaling can make the game not as enjoyable! Despite these minor flaws, Diablo 4’s potential to deliver a gripping and unforgettable experience remains high, and it is sure to captivate both seasoned Diablo veterans and newcomers alike.