Permanently Disable Laptop Microphone In Windows 10
In this post, we will be taking a look at how you can permanently disable your microphone so that no app or program will be able to use your microphone.
This is a great way to disable your microphone if it’s built into your PC or Laptop and you are unable to just unplug it.
The only way the microphone will become enabled again is if you physically enable the microphone setting, or if for some reason a Windows 10 update enables the microphone again.
Windows 10 Disabling A Microphone Permanently:
1. Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray > Click “Sounds“
2. Now click on the “Recording” tab
3. Right-click your microphone then click “Disable“
4. Your Microphone should now appear on the list grayed out and say disabled
5. If your microphone has disappeared from the list right-click then click “Show Disabled Devices” so that it has a tick next to it > Your microphone should now appear and say Disabled
And there you have it, that is how you can permanently disable a microphone in Windows 10 and stop other programs and apps from being able to use it. If you do decide you would like to enable it again just do the above but click “Enable”.