Resolve Cyberpunk Issues On PC!
Cyberpunk 2077 only came out on 10/12/20 and already has quite a lot of performance problems, loading time problems, bugs, and crashing issues.
In this post, we will look at trying to resolve some of the issues you may be experiencing.
As Cyberpunk 2077 is a new game it is only normal to have a few problems on day one of launch and with a bit of luck within the next few weeks a lot of the issues will have been resolved, but until then there are a few things you can try that might just help get the game playable for you.
Methods to fix Cyberpunk issues:
1) Ensure you have the latest Windows 10 updates installed – This is a must when it comes to any game as if you don’t have the latest updates installed then this could definitely be causing you a few issues
- Open Settings > Update & Security > Then click check for Windows updates
2) Install the latest graphics card drivers – This can be a miracle when it comes to fixing some of those glitches within the game and also resolving frame drop issues
3) Update your sound drivers – If you are noticing the sound is muffled or glitched then installing the latest sound driver for your sound card could fix this problem
4) Running Cyberpunk 2077 as an admin – This can do wonders when it comes to fixing problems with the game crashing or the screen going black
- Right-click Cyberpunk 2077 Shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Then tick “Run this program as an administrator”
5) Change the priority of Steam, Epic Games, and GOG to Low in Task Manager – Depending on which platform you bought Cyberpunk from, there is no need for them to have normal priority
- Right Click Task Bar > Task Manager > Details > Find the client then Right click > Set Priority > Low
6) If you brought Cyberpunk 2077 in Steam you can change it from large to minimalist – This will help reduce the amount of memory Steam uses allowing the game to run more smoothly
- Open Steam > View > Small Mode
7) Turn off Windows 10 effects – If it’s performance issues you are having then this can help make an improvement in-game, so this is definitely worth giving a try. It might make Windows 10 not look as pretty but it will sure help make your game more playable
- Open Start Menu and Search “adjust the appearance and Performance of windows” > Change everything to “Best Performance”
8) Move Cyberpunk to an SSD – If you have Cyberpunk installed on an HDD then this can cause the game to take an extremely long time to load and cause a lot of issues with audio and animation. If you have an SSD and enough free space move Cyberpunk to your SSD as this will boost the loading times and hopefully resolve a lot of the bugs
9) If you have an RTX graphics card turn on DLSS – This can really help improve the performance of Cyberpunk 2077 as it will boost the frames and can also help fix any sturrtering and glitching issues
10) Turn down the graphics settings – This will help boost performance and also resolve some of the glitches and bugs within the game until a patch gets released that sorts these issues
11) Change the resolution in-game – Lowering the resolution will certainly help bump those FPS numbers up so if your system is struggling this should help
12) Enable Game Mode within Windows 10 – This setting will optimise your PC for gameplay
- Open Windows 10 Start Menu > Search Game Mode > Toggle Game Mode to On
Unfortunately, that is about all you can do at the moment when it comes to fixing all the bugs and performance issues in Cyberpunk 2077. We will just have to wait for them to release a patch that will resolve a lot of the issues like frame drop, long loading delays, trees disappearing, and driving a car is almost impossible at the moment.
But despite all the current problems in Cyberpunk 2077 how are you finding the game so far? Comment below.