Stop Unwanted Devices Connecting Everytime!
This Windows 10 tutorial will show you how to turn off the automatic setup of network connected devices on your PC.
Windows 10 has a ‘Network Discovery’ setting which allows your PC to see other network computers and devices and also makes your PC visible to other network computers.
If you don’t want any network devices to automatically connect to your PC, for example wireless printers that will install onto your PC or laptop every time you connect to the network, then follow the steps in this tutorial and you should be able to stop this very frustrating issue.
To turn off auto set up:
1. Type in Control Panel in Windows search bar (bottom left-hand corner)
2. Open Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Advanced Sharing Settings (on the left-hand side)
3. Expand ‘Private’ > Untick ‘automatic setup of network connected devices’ > Press ‘save changes’
4. Remove any unwanted network devices from PC > Restart PC (devices should be removed and not auto-connect or set up)
Check out our latest guides:
- Fix: V Rising Crashing On PC
- Fix: Apex Legends Mobile Connection Issues & Errors
- Fix: Apex Legends Mobile Crashing & Not Launching
- Fix: PS5 Error Code CE-100005-6 (There Was A Problem Reading The Disc)
- PS5 Controller High Pitch Static Noise