How To Turn Off Automatic Setup Of Network Connected Devices On Your Windows 10 PC
Stop Unwanted Devices Connecting Everytime!
This Windows 10 tutorial will show you how to turn off the automatic setup of network connected devices on your PC.
Windows 10 has a ‘Network Discovery’ setting which allows your PC to see other network computers and devices and also makes your PC visible to other network computers.
If you don’t want any network devices to automatically connect to your PC, for example wireless printers that will install onto your PC or laptop every time you connect to the network, then follow the steps in this tutorial and you should be able to stop this very frustrating issue.
To turn off auto set up:
1. Type in Control Panel in Windows search bar (bottom left-hand corner)
2. Open Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Advanced Sharing Settings (on the left-hand side)
3. Expand ‘Private’ > Untick ‘automatic setup of network connected devices’ > Press ‘save changes’
4. Remove any unwanted network devices from PC > Restart PC (devices should be removed and not auto-connect or set up)
Check out the video tutorial below on How To Turn Off Automatic Setup Of Network Connected Devices On Your Windows 10 PC if you are getting stuck:
Check out our latest posts:
- Windows 11 Turning On Animation Effects
- Fix Windows 11 Animations Laggy
- Turn Off Animation Effects In Windows 11
- Halo Infinite Fix Microsoft Basic Render Driver Error
- Disable High-Res Textures In Halo Infinite On PC