Play Multiplayer Game Modes In Forza Horizon 5 Online
Forza Horizon 5 is an awesome open-world racing game that we have very much enjoyed playing. But if you have managed to complete all of the large variety of things to do within the game such as; exploring Mexico, smashing all the bonus boards, getting 3 stars in all the challenges, completing barn finds, and completing the Horizon 5 main storyline, then you are now probably looking for something else to do in the game.
Affiliate links may earn us a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase.
Playing the fun Multiplayer game modes will keep you entertained, so in this guide we will be showing you how you can try out Horizon Open and join and compete against other players!
Does Forza Horizon 5 Have Local Multiplayer Split Screen?
If you were wondering how to play split screen in Forza Horizon 5, then unfortunately the answer to this question is you can’t. Well, at least not yet. The game does not have a 2 player split screen option available and multiplayer is online only.
You could play with your friends side by side, but only if you are lucky enough to have two different devices that have the game on, with two separate displays.
Can You Complete Campaign Races With A Friend?
Yes, you can join into a convoy in-game and once you are in a convoy with your friends then you can go to the road race, street race, drag race, dirt race, cross country race, or expedition of your choice. This is great if you need help completing that tough to beat race or challenge!
If you select a race or event then select co-op, this will complete it for both yourself and your friend.
Which Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer modes are available?
There are a few different types of multiplayer modes you can play within the Forza Horizon 5 game. As mentioned above you can complete co-op events in-game such as; road, street, drag, dirt, cross country, and expeditions. You can also compete in Rivals, trying to beat other players’ lap times.
There are also modes in Horizon open which are all extremely fun and offer different challenges within them such as:
- Playground Games – Includes King, Flag Rush and Survival
- Open Racing – Dirt racing, road racing, cross coutnry and street scene
- Open Drifting – Asphalt drifting and compete to get the highest drift score
- The Eliminator – Battle Royale style game mode
Also, let’s not forget you can explore the Horizon 5 open-world in Mexico and challenge other online players head to head and see who has the fastest car, and of course see who is the best driver!
How To Play Multiplayer In Forza Horizon 5?
Below we have listed how you can play two different multiplayer modes within Forza Horizon 5.
This is where you can play the game modes Playground games, Open racing, Open drifting, and The Eliminator.
1. Launch the game > Open the menus by pressing the Start button on your Xbox controller or pressing ESC on PC
2. Go across to the Online tab > Select Horizon Open
3. Now select your game mode (e.g The Eliminator) > Select Matchmake so press Enter on PC or A on Xbox > You will exit back to the main screen and you will see a message at the top saying “Finding a Horizon Open session“
4. You will then see a message saying “Joining session” and once ready you will be joined into the chosen game mode where you can choose your car and play the game
Head to Head:
This is where you can compete against other players while exploring the Mexico map.
1. Launch the game > Open the Games Menu (Press Start button on Xbox controller or ESC on PC)
2. Go across to the Online tab > Select Horizon Life if it is available (If not this means you are already online)
3. You will now be connected online with other players who you can see on your map > So hunt down an opponent then go next to them and press Action (X on Xbox controller and Enter on PC)
4. Select the head to head option and it will begin so you can try and beat your opponent to the finish line (Press down arrow on Xbox and number 4 for PC)
So that’s how you can play multiplayer in Forza Horizon 5. Playing multiplayer online opens a door to a whole new world of things that you can do within the game. Also, we find that some of the multiplayer game modes are very rewarding with XP and wheel spins, so you might get that legendary car you have been after for a while! If you found this guide helpful then we are sure you will like our other gaming guides.
Check out the video tutorial here on How To Play Online In Forza Horizon 5 if you are getting stuck.