If you have installed McAfee security software onto your Windows computer, you might have noticed that McAfee has a lot of notification pop-ups which can be very distracting and get annoying over time. So in this guide, we will be taking a look at how to turn off McAfee notifications.
McAfee Total Protection helps keep Windows 10/11 safe and secure from nasty security threats and also comes with a VPN service to help keep you private while browsing online. But one thing that McAfee does not do is stop displaying annoying notifications.
So the question is, what can you do to stop notifications from McAfee?
There is an option within McAfee settings that allows us to turn off information alerts which can help stop some McAfee notifications, which I show you how to do below.
Related: How to remove McAfee WebAdvisor
How To Turn Off McAfee Notifications
Below are the steps to help reduce McAfee notifications using the program’s settings.
1. Open McAfee Total Protection
2. Now select the Settings cog then General settings and alerts
3. Select Informational Alerts and Untick Show informational alerts
4. Now click the Apply button
Remove McAfee from Windows
If you are still getting too many pop-ups and notifications from McAfee then the next thing to do would be to remove McAfee security and install a different security program or use Windows Security.
1. Right-click the Windows start menu icon and click on Apps & Features
2. In the search box type McAfee
3. Now select the 3dots and click Uninstall
4. Follow the steps to remove McAfee from Windows
I hope the above guide has helped turn off McAfee notifications on your computer and you can now browse Windows in peace.
If you liked this guide and found it helpful then I am sure you would like our other Windows guides.