In this guide, we will be taking a look at how to fix Temtem crashing and not loading on an Xbox Series X|S. If you are having issues with the game crashing to your Xbox home screen or freezing while playing the game then don’t worry too much. There are a couple of things you can do that should get TemTem working again on your console.
Temtem is one of those games we love when you have to go around and catch creatures, or in this case Temtem. Not only that but unlike others, you can even buy a house and play online co-op with friends making the game even more enjoyable!
But if you are having issues with TemTem not working on your Xbox and the game is crashing or getting stuck on the loading screen, then this can make the game boring fast. That’s why below we have listed different methods you can do to fix the game.
Why is Temtem not loading & crashing on my Xbox?
There can be many reasons why Temtem keeps crashing and having loading screen stuck issues on your Series X or Series S console. For example, it could be due to not being connected to the internet as the game requires an Xbox membership and internet connection.
It could also be that you haven’t got the latest system update installed or your saved data has become corrupt.
How to fix TemTem not working on Xbox
Below are the methods for fixing Temtem crashing and if it won’t load on an Xbox Series X|S. You will need to do each method until one fixes the issue you are having.
Fix 1: Internet / membership
You need to have an active internet connection and an Xbox subscription to be able to play Temtem. So if you are currently not connected to the internet then you won’t be able to play the game.
Fix 2: Cache
Clearing your Xbox cache can help resolve many issues and it’s easy enough to do providing you can easily get to the back of your Xbox:
- Fully shut down your Xbox > Unplug the power cable from the back and leave it for at least 60 seconds
- Plug the cable back in and turn your Xbox back on
Fix 3: System update
As Temtem is an online game then you will want to ensure you have the latest updates installed for your Xbox:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller and open Settings
- Go to System > Then Updates
Fix 4: Game update
Ensure you have the latest update installed for the game as it could have the fix to get the game working again:
- Select My games and apps from the home screen > Go to Manage
- Select Updates and look for any available for Temtem
Fix 5: Saved data
If your saved data has become corrupt or one of the settings is incorrect then this can cause issues. Luckily, we can remove it but just back up your save data first:
- Open My Games & Apps > Find Temtem > Press the Menu button on your controller (3 lines)
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Then go to Saved Data
- Choose your user profile > Select “Delete from console“
Fix 6: Reinstall
If you are still unable to get the game to work then you might just need to reinstall the game.
If you had it installed to an external drive then reinstall it to the internal drive on your Xbox:
- Open “My games and apps” and then select Games
- Go to Temtem and then open More options
- Select Uninstall and then select Uninstall All
- Then install the game and try launching it again
We hope the above guide fixes Temtem not working, crashing, and not loading on your Xbox Series X|S. Hopefully, you are now able to sit back on your couch and play the game!
If you enjoyed this guide and found it helpful then we are sure you would like our other gaming guides.