Hibernate Keyboard Shortcut Button In Windows 10
In this post, we will be taking a look at a very fast way to put your Windows 10 PC or Laptop into hibernation.
The trick we will be doing is setting a keyboard combination of your choice, which when pressed together will make your computer enter hibernate mode, we have listed the steps below.
Your system will still go into hibernate mode even if you have a program open and you press the key combination, so be very careful because if you have not saved your work you could risk losing it.
How To Create Windows 10 Hibernate Keyboard Shortcut:
1. Choose a location where you dont mind having a shortcut (e.g Desktop)
2. Right-click > New > Shortcut
3. In the location box type “shutdown /h“
4. You can now give the shortcut a name > Click Finish
5. Right-click the shortcut > Properties
6. Click the “Shortcut” tab then click in the “Shortcut key” box and choose the keys you would like to use to Hibernate windows then click Apply and “Ok“
There you have it you can now hibernate your computer whenever you want by pressing the keyboard shortcut that you set. If you don’t want to use a keyboard shortcut and would prefer perhaps a shortcut on your desktop to hibernate your computer check out this post here.