Quick Restart Shortcut On Your Taskbar In Windows 10
In this Windows 10 post, we will be showing you how you can add an awesome shortcut to your Windows 10 Taskbar that will restart your PC or Laptop.
This is a fast way of restarting your computer without having to open the start menu, then click restart through the power options.
Just make sure you don’t accidentally click on the shortcut on your taskbar and restart your system if you have any unsaved work.
If you want an even faster way of restarting your computer you could create a keyboard shortcut. Check out this post here.
How To Add The Restart Shortcut To Your Windows 10 Taskbar:
1. Right-click on your desktop then click “New” > “Shortcut“
2. In the location box type: shutdown /r
3. Now give the shortcut a name (by default it is “Shutdown”) > Click Finish
4. Now right click the shortcut > click “Pin to taskbar“
5. Right click the shortcut on your desktop and delete it as it’s no longer needed
If you dont like the icon you can change it by right clicking on the shortcut before you pin it to your taskbar then click properties > Now click the “Shortcut” tab then the “change icon” button and choose a new icon
There you have it you now have an awesome shortcut on your Windows 10 taskbar that will allow you to restart your computer with ease whenever you like. If you would like to add a shutdown or sign out shortcut instead then this can also be done.