Boot Your Windows 10 PC or Laptop Into Safe Mode
If you are having issues with your Windows 10 PC or Laptop, then booting your system into Safe Mode could help you figure out what is wrong with your device.
Booting Windows into safe mode will run your computer with the bare minimum of Windows 10.
Safe Mode is a great way to detect if your system has been infected by any nasty viruses or remove any software, and change Windows 10 settings that could be the cause of making your system crash.
How To Enter Safe Mode In Windows 10
- On the Windows sign-in screen hold down shift and press Restart
- Then click on Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start-up settings > Restart
- You will now get a screen that says Startup Settings > Press number 4 on your keyboard to enable safe mode
- Open the Windows start menu and search msconfig > Open System Configuration
- Now click the Boot tab then tick Safe boot and choose which options you would like to boot safe mode with
- Once happy press Apply and click the Ok button and restart
- You will need to untick Safe boot in safe mode to stop your system keep booting into Safe Mode
- Right-click the Windows start menu icon > Settings > Update & Security
- Select Recovery on the left-hand side
- Click on Restart now (Under Advanced Startup)
- Click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start-up Settings > Then Restart
- You should now have a screen that says Startup Settings> Press 4 on your keyboard to load into Safe Mode
Sometimes you can enter safe mode using an F key on your keyboard like F8 when your system is booting up
We hope the above methods helped you access Safe Mode on your Windows 10 computer. If the above methods did not allow you to get into Safe Mode then you could always use a Windows 10 recovery USB to access safe mode.