Can’t Sign In To Windows 10 Lockscreen Stuck On Blurry Screen
If you are viewing this post then you have probably just turned on your PC or laptop and got to the welcome screen to realise that you cannot sign in and are stuck on the lock screen.
No matter which button you press on your keyboard the screen goes blurry like it’s going to take you to the user login screen so you can type your password, but then it does not and it just goes back to the lock screen, not allowing you to sign in to your user account.
By following the steps in this post we will take a look at hopefully resolving that problem.
How To Fix Lock Screen Not Unlocking:
1. Try pressing Esc
2. Leave it on the screen for 10-15mins – There could be an update installing in the background
3. Restart your laptop or PC – There might be a configuration Windows 10 needs to do which is stopping you from being able to sign in
4. Unlug your internet cable or disconnect the Wi-Fi
5. Try signing in to Windows 10 through safe mode – If you’re able to get on through safe mode you can then figure out what’s stopping you from signing in:
- Restart your system then keep pressing F8
- If this does not work then check out this post on how to enable and boot into safe mode
6. Remove a recently installed update – This could be causing you the issue if it has only happened since a recent update in Windows 10:
- On the Sign-in screen hold Shift then click on Restart
- You will now be able to troubleshoot Windows 10 so click on Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Uninstall updates
If you are still unable to sign in to your Windows 10 computer then you might have to, unfortunately, reset your Windows 10 PC or Laptop back to its original state. Just be sure you have got a backup of any important files first as resetting might make you lose them.
If you want to get the files off then you might have to use another computer and plug the HDD into it.