Rust Startup Error Steam Load Error & Untrusted System File Error steam_api64.dll
If you enjoy playing Rust on PC then you may have come across the Anti Cheat Untrusted System File error.
This error will occur when you are trying to launch RUST on your PC or Laptop from Steam.
You will come across the error as soon as RUST launches onto the main screen saying “Startup Error – Steam Load Error – is Steam Open? Please exit and try again with Steam Open.”
Then as soon as you click exit you will get another error window saying “Easy Anti-Cheat – Untrusted system file steam_api64.dll“.
This can be really frustrating, but by following the steps below you will hopefully be able to fix this error you are getting with RUST on PC.
How To FIX Rust Untrsuted System File & Startup Error:
1. Make sure you fully close down Rust and Steam
2. Open File Explorer Go to the location of steam_api64.dll
- Example: Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Rust
4. Delete the file steam_api64.dll
5. Once you have deleted the file you will now be able to launch Rust and it should hopefully be working again
That is how you fix Rust when you are getting the startup error and untrusted system file error when trying to play on your Windows 10 PC or Laptop.