How To Block A Game From Connecting To The Internet In Windows 10
Block A Game From Accessing The Internet On PC Or Laptop
In this Windows 10 post, we will be showing you how you can block a game from being able to access the internet using Windows Defender.
Your game will have no internet connectivity if you do block your game from being able to connect to the internet, so you will not be able to play the game online, make in-game purchases or update the game if it’s done through the game and not a launcher.
Blocking Games Through Windows Defender:
1. Open the start menu and search “Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security” and open it
2. Now click on “Inbound Rules” in the left menu
3. Now click “Action” > “New Rule…“
4. Now select “Program” and click Next > Click “Browse” button and find the directory of the game which will contain the game .exe > Then click “Next“
5. Now select “Block the connection” then Next
6. Tick every option then Next > Now give the Rule a name and click “Finish“
7. Now click on “Outbound Rules” in the left menu > Click “Action” > “New Rule…” > Do the same steps as above from step 4.
There you have it that’s how you can block a game from being able to access the internet using Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10. If you are using a different security program then the above might not work and you will have to block the program using the security software you have installed.
Check out more of our Windows 10 posts here.