Block Programs From Accessing The Internet On Windows 10 PC Or Laptop
In this post, we will be showing you how you can block a program from being able to connect to the internet on your Windows 10 PC or Laptop.
If for some reason you dont want a program or software thats installed on your computer to have internet access then it can be blocked using Windows Defender Firewall. If you do have additional security installed on your computer then the below might not work as you will need to block the program through that instead.
If you are having problems with a certian update installing on a program and you want to stop it from downloading the update and installing it then blocking the program from having internet access is a great way to stop this until the issue is resolved. See the steps below for blocking a programs internet access.
Blocking Programs & Software Through Windows Defender Firewall:
1. Open the start menu and search “Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security” and open it
2. Now click on “Inbound Rules” in the left menu
3. Now click “Action” > “New Rule…“
4. Now select “Program” and click Next > Click “Browse” button and find the directory with the program that contains the program.exe > Then click “Next“
5. Now select “Block the connection” then Next
6. Tick every option then Next > Now give the Rule a name and click “Finish“
6. Now click on “Outbound Rules” in the left menu > Click “Action” > “New Rule…” > Do the same as above from step 4
There you have it thats how you can block a program from being able to access the internet using the Windows Defender Firewall thats built into Windows 10. Just dont forget to unblock the program when you want it to be able to have internet access again.
Check out more of our Windows 10 posts here.