How To Create A Guest User Account On Your PC In Windows 10
Add User With Limited Access!
If you would like to have a user account on your Windows 10 PC that has limited access then creating a guest user account is something you will want to do.
This user will not be able to make any changes to your system and will have very limited access to the internet, apps and files.
To create a guest user account:
1. Open Windows Start Menu and type CMD > Run Command Prompt as an administrator
2. Type in the follwing commands (Press enter after you have typed in each command):
net user NameOfUser /add /active:yes (replace NameOfUser with your chosen name for this guest account)
- net user NameOfUser * (replace NameOfUser with the name of your guest account)
- After you have typed in the above then type in chosen password > Press Enter > Retype password > Press enter (will say successful if it has worked)
Remove from the default user groups:
net localgroup users NameOfUser /delete (replace NameOfUser with the name of your guest account)
Add to the guest user group:
net localgroup guests NameOfUser /add (replace NameOfUser with the name of your guest account)
3. Check you have added the account by right clicking on Windows start menu Icon > Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users (it should be listed there)
To Remove the account select the user and press remove
Check out the video tutorial below on How To Create A Guest User Account In Windows 10 if you are getting stuck:
Check out our latest posts:
- How To Download A File From A Website When The Link Or Button Is Not Working
- FREE Remote Desktop Built Into Windows 10
- Check If You Have The 64-Bit Or 32-Bit Version Of Windows 10 Running On Your PC Or Laptop
- FIX Epic Games Launcher Errors Not Loading & Crashing On PC
- How To Install The Latest Intel Graphics Drivers For Your PC or Laptop