How To Open A Program In Windows 10 With A Custom Keyboard Shortcut
Access Your Favourite Programs & Apps Quickly!
If you use an app or program regularly on your Windows 10 PC or laptop, then you will more than likely want to open it up quickly using your Keyboard.
This is especially good news if you do a lot of work at home and just want to access your programs with ease, instead of having to close down other windows or find and double click on the shortcut.
If you love using shortcuts then you can create a custom keyboard shortcut easily for your chosen program on your system, which is great and will save you time.
You will need to use a combination of CTRL + ALT + a number or letter of your choice
To create a keyboard shortcut to open a program:
1. Open the Windows 10 start menu > Search for your chosen program (E.g. Firefox) > Right click on the chosen program > Open File Location
2. Right-click on the programs shortcut > Properties
3. Select the Shortcut tab > Type in chosen shortcut (CTRL + ALT + number or letter) in the box where it says ‘Shortcut key’ > Press apply > Press OK
4. Test your keyboard shortcut to see if it opens your chosen app or program
Check out the video tutorial below on How To Open A Program In Windows 10 With A Custom Keyboard Shortcut if you are getting stuck:
Check out our latest posts:
- How To Download A File From A Website When The Link Or Button Is Not Working
- FREE Remote Desktop Built Into Windows 10
- Check If You Have The 64-Bit Or 32-Bit Version Of Windows 10 Running On Your PC Or Laptop
- FIX Epic Games Launcher Errors Not Loading & Crashing On PC
- How To Install The Latest Intel Graphics Drivers For Your PC or Laptop