How To Install Realtek HD Audio Drivers In Windows 10
Easily install the latest version of the Realtek HD Audio Drivers!
Installing the latest Realtek audio HD drivers can help resolve a few issues when it comes to the sound on your Windows 10 pc or laptop.
If you are experiencing problems with your sound not working, or your system says it’s missing the Realtek audio drivers then don’t panic because it’s not too difficult to install them.
An audio driver is basically the software that helps your operating system to talk to your audio devices such as; speakers and sound cards etc., so it is important to keep them updated.
If your system already has the Realtek audio drivers installed then just make sure you keep them updated to the latest version to prevent any sound issues occurring on your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
To find out which version of Windows you are running to downlaod the correct audio drivers: Right-click on the Windows start menu icon > System > About tab > Under ‘Device specifications’ you will see your version next to ‘System type’
To install Realtek HD audio drivers:
1. Click on the following Realtek link here
2. Once you are on the Realtek audio drivers download page you now need to select the version driver for your Windows operating system (e.g 64bit or 32bit. If you are unsure how to do this then check out this post here)
3. Once you have downloaded the driver you now need to run the setup file and follow the on-screen steps. (Make sure you save any work as you will need to restart your system)
4. If you already have Realtek audio drivers installed then the install will remove the drivers first then ask you to restart your PC or laptop, and once it has restarted it will then install the new driver.
5. Once the install has finished and you have restarted your system you should now have successfully installed the Realtek audio drivers.
To check if the driver installed successfully click on the speaker icon in the system tray then check the output device says Realtek (you may need to change the output device)
If you are still having issues with the audio or sound not working on your computer then check this troubleshooting page for audio problems here
Check out the video tutorial below on How To Install Realtek HD Audio Drivers In Windows 10 if you are getting stuck:
Check out our latest posts:
- How To Download A File From A Website When The Link Or Button Is Not Working
- FREE Remote Desktop Built Into Windows 10
- Check If You Have The 64-Bit Or 32-Bit Version Of Windows 10 Running On Your PC Or Laptop
- FIX Epic Games Launcher Errors Not Loading & Crashing On PC
- How To Install The Latest Intel Graphics Drivers For Your PC or Laptop