Make Your Windows 10 Search Safer By Enabling Strict SafeSearch
This Windows 10 tutorial will show you how to turn off adult content in the Windows 10 search on your PC or laptop.
If you have children that use your PC or laptop the last thing you want popping up in Windows 10 if they do a windows search is adult content.
The good news is that you can turn this off and make searching in the start menu safe. You can select strict so that adult content will be filtered out from your search results.
To turn off adult content in Windows 10 search:
1. Right-click the Windows 10 start menu icon (Logo in bottom left-hand corner) > Settings > Search
2. Select Permissions & history tab (Menu on left-hand side) > You will now notice under SafeSearch you have three different options:
- Strict – Filter out adult text, images, and videos from my web results.
- Moderate – Filter adult images and videos but not text from my web results.
- Off – Don’t filter adult content from my web results
3. Select strict and this will turn of any adult content from displaying in your Windows search on the taskbar.