Fix Spooling Frozen In Windows 10
In this post, we will be showing you how you can restart the printer spooler on your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
There are many reasons for restarting the Printer Spooler. Perhaps you are having a few issues with your printer, or maybe the spooling has frozen and it won’t unfreeze.
Restarting the printer spooler in Windows 10 usually resolves most printing issues, especially if the spooling has frozen in the printer queue, which will stop all print jobs.
Just keep in mind if you do restart the printer spooler you will lose your entire print queue so you will need to reprint everything that was on the list again
Restarting The Printer Spooler In Windows 10:
1. Open the Windows 10 start menu > Search “Services” and open it
2. Find “Printer Spooler” in the list
3. Right click “Printer Spooler” and click “Restart“
4. Once the Printer Spooler has finished restarting the status colum will show “Running“
You can now try and print again and see if that has resolved the printing issues you were facing. If you are still having issues with the printer job saying “spooling” then you could always try stopping and starting the Printer Spooler:
Stopping and starting the Printer Spooler:
1. In Services right-click on “Printer Spooler” and click “Stop“
2. Once the Printer Spooler has stopped now right-click it again but this time click “Start“
3. Once the Printer Spooler has started it will say “Running” and you can now see if the print queue has been cleared then try and print again
That’s how easy it is to restart your Printer Spooler in Windows 10, which will hopefully resolve any issues you have been facing with the spooling frozen etc.