In this guide, we will be taking a look at fixing issues with Fall Guys not loading and crashing on your Switch. Fall guys is an awesome ultimate knockout battle royale game, where you use your character to complete a series of different challenges and obstacles against other players, to be the last one standing! But it’s no fun if Fall Guys keeps crashing or getting stuck on the loading screen on your Nintendo switch.
Ducking and diving through the various rounds is great fun, and the awesome news is that the game is free to play on your Switch! So we have listed methods below that will hopefully fix crashing and loading issues in Fall Guys Free For All, on your Switch console.
Why does Fall Guys keep crashing and not launching?
The Fall Guys game may keep crashing on startup, getting stuck in the loading screen, crashing and freezing when connecting, or simply won’t start on your Switch console. There can be many causes such as corrupt data and files, software updates, or even Fall Guys server issues.
How to fix Fall Guys Switch stuck on loading screen & crashes:
Below are the methods for fixing issues with Fall Guys not working on Nintendo Switch. Give each method a try until one fixes your issue and hopefully, you will be knocking out the other players very soon!
Fix 1: Check if the Fall Guys servers are down
The first step is to check that the Fall Guys servers have no issues and are not down. Otherwise, your game will not connect and you will get stuck on the loading screen:
- You can view any updates or info about the servers or just the game in general on the Mediatonic Fall Guys official Twitter page.
Fix 2: Check console battery
Make sure that you have a reasonable amount of battery if you are using your Switch undocked, as if it is running low then your may experience lag, launching, and loading issues.
Fix 3: Update Fall Guys
Make sure you have the latest version of the game installed, as the latest patch could fix the crashing or loading issues that you are facing:
- Go to the Fall Guys icon on your Home Screen
- Open Options by pressing the + on your Joy-Con controller and then go to Software update
- Select “Via the internet” and install any updates
Fix 4: Clear cache
Try clearing the system cache on your Nintendo Switch, as this can help fix many issues with apps and games on your console:
- Go to System settings by selecting the settings cog and then go to System
- Select Formatting Options > “Clear cache”
- Select the Profile that you are playing Fall Guys on > Press Reset
Fix 5: Update your Switch software
As always, check for updates on your console as having out-of-date software could be the cause of Fall Guys crashing on startup and freezing:
- Open the System Settings > System
- Select System Update to check for updates and install any that are available
Fix 6: Scan for corrupted files
You can check for corrupted data using your Switch, in case a file became corrupted on an update or installation. This will more than likely be the cause of Fall Guys not loading or keep crashing:
- System settings > Click on Data management and then go to Software
- Find Fall Guys and then click on Check for corrupted data
Fix 7: Check your internet connection
If Fall Guys crashes on launch and will not work, or keeps getting stuck on the loading screen or connecting screen, then it could be a connection issue, so just ensure that you are connected properly:
- Open up System Settings > Internet
- Click on Test Connection > A test will now run
Fix 8: Reinstall Fall Guys
If you are still having problems then you may need to, unfortunately, reinstall the game to your console. And hopefully, a fresh install will fix any of the issues you were having:
- System settings > Data management
- Select Software and then the Fall Guys game
- Select Delete Software
- Then reinstall the game
That is the end of our guide on fixing crashing, launching, and loading issues in Fall Guys on Nintendo Switch. Hopefully, you are now able to complete the ultimate knockout game!
If this guide helped you out then we have other Switch and gaming guides here.