In this guide, we will be taking a look at how to fix Fall Guys keeps crashing issues on PC. If you are trying to play this free-to-play game by Epic Games but keep having issues with Fall Guys crashing, then don’t worry as there are a few things you can do that should help get you back on the game.
Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout can be challenging and let’s admit a little stressful at times! But the game is now Free For All and is so addictive, that it is hard to stop playing. However, crashing and freezing issues in the game can put a stop to the fun pretty quickly, so we have listed different methods below you can do that should fix Fall Guys crashing and freezing on your PC.
Table Of Contents
What causes Fall Guys crashing on PC?
There can be many things that cause the game to crash on launch, keep crashing and freezing in the middle of a round or after the first round, or just simply won’t load at all on your Windows PC. For example, it could be due to one of its game files being corrupted, not having the latest driver installed for your graphics card, or a program conflicting with the game causing it to crash to your desktop.
How to fix Fall Guys crashing on PC
Below are different methods for fixing Fall Guys crashing and loading issues on a Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC or laptop. You will need to try each method until one hopefully fixes the issue you are having with the game.
Fix 1: Check System requirements
Before doing anything it’s important to ensure your computer can actually run the game, so you will need to check the minimum system requirements. Then you can see if your PC specs are able to handle the game.
Fall Guys PC minimum requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 64-BIT only
- Processor: Intel Core i5 / AMD equivalent
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7950
Fix 2: Update Windows
It’s important to ensure Windows is up to date.
- Right-click on the Windows start menu and open Settings
- Go to Update and security and then click the Check for updates button
- Right-click the Windows start menu and go to Settings
- Then select Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
Fix 3: Latest graphics driver
If you are not using the latest driver for your graphics card then this could easily cause issues not only with crashing but also with the graphics.
Fix 4: Close programs
If you have programs/apps open when you are playing Fall Guys then close these down. They could be conflicting with the game causing it to crash. For example close Discord, OBS Studio, RGB software, MSI Afterburner, etc.
Fix 5: Check Power Plan
Ensure you are using the Performance power plan as this can make a difference not only with the performance of the game but also stop some crashing issues:
- Open the Windows start menu > Open Control Panel
- Change View by to Small icons
- Go to Power Options and then click on Show additional plans
- Choose High Performance
- You can also add the Windows 10 Ultimate and Windows 11 Ultimate power plans for more performance
Fix 6: Run as admin
Try running Fall Guys with administrator privileges:
- First, launch the Epic Games Launcher and sign in to your account
- Now go to the location where you installed the game
- Find FallGuysEACLauncher.exe and right-click it
- Next click Run as administrator
Fix 7: Verify game files in Epic Games
If one of the game files has become corrupted or missing then this is going to cause problems with the game not launching or Fall Guys crashing. Luckily we can check if this is the case using the Epic Games Launcher:
- Launch the Epic Games launcher > Now go to your Library
- Find Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout > Click on the 3 dots and select Manage then Verify
Fix 8: Clear DirectX shader cache
Cleaning up temporary files in Windows can help a lot with fixing issues. And clearing the DirectX shader cache can help with issues with games, especially crashing:
- Open the Windows start menu and open Disk Cleanup
- Select your hard drive and press OK
- Tick the box for DirectX Shader Cache and press OK > Then Delete files
Fix 9: Reinstall the game
If none of the above methods have managed to resolve the crashing issues that you are having with the game then the next thing to do is try reinstalling the game on your computer.
We hope the above guide has fixed Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout not working on your Windows computer and you are now able to enjoy the game.
If you found this guide helpful then we are sure you would like our other gaming guides.