In this guide, I will be showing you how you can get gold flags in Super Mario Bros Wonder.
If you have gotten to the end of a level you will know that you need to jump onto the flag pole, then a flag will appear and rise up the pole to complete the level.
What you might not be aware of is the higher up the pole you go the better, and if you land on the top of the flag pole in Mario Bros Wonder you will get the golden flag.
So what’s the best way of getting a gold flag in Super Mario Wonder? I will tell you this below.
Table Of Contents
How To Get Gold Flags In Super Mario Bros Wonder
If you are like me and like to collect everything and complete everything in a game, then you will want to get all the gold flags in Marios Bros Wonder so that the checklist on each level is complete.
As you can see in the image we have collected everything in the “Piranha Plants on Parade” and the gold flag isn’t greyed out anymore and is highlighted.
So here are some tips on how to get those golden flags and get to the top of the flag poles easily in the game:
– Once you reach the end of the level you will see a flagpole so look around for things to help you get to the top
– Don’t destroy anything near the pole as you might need to use the obstacles to jump onto the top of the pole
– Try getting a powerup beforehand as this can sometimes help and make you jump higher
– If you have only just started the game, finish the first few levels then you will unlock badges, which will give you extra benefits helping you get the golden flag.
You can also purchase badges to give you extra power-ups/boosts from the shop as you progress.
You need to speak to characters around the open world to purchase items with your purple coins.
Below screenshot of Poplin Shop.
The best way of getting to the top of the flag pole on most levels:
- Hold down the running button on your Joy-Con which is B
- Then jump using A and hold down A to jump further (this will send you flying really high and hopefully to the top of the pole)
- You can also glide across if the flag is further away by holding down the SR button on your Joy-con after jumping to glide
So there you have it that’s how you can easily get to the top of the flag pole in Super Mario Bros Wonder on your Nintendo Switch.
Remember if you are playing with other players once the first player jumps onto the pole you won’t have long to also jump onto the pole before the level completes, so try and jump together.