In this guide, I will show you how to show an FPS (Frames Per Second) counter in Sons Of The Forest on a Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer. If you want to view what FPS you are getting in Sons Of The Forest, then there are a few different ways that you can go about doing this as I explain below.
Showing your FPS in Sons Of The Forest will allow you to determine if you are able to raise or lower the in-game graphics settings. If you are getting a low fps in Sons Of The Forest then you will need to lower the in-game graphics, but if you are getting a high FPS for example 120 FPS then you could raise the graphics if you wanted.
Not only does displaying an FPS counter in Sons Of The Forest help you see what frame rate you are getting, but it will also help you determine if it’s the reason why Sons Of The Forest keeps crashing. That’s if you are having issues with this of course, as if the number is low then it would explain why the game crashes and you will need to do something about this to fix it.
How to show FPS in Sons Of The Forest
The best way to show the frame rate in Sons Of The Forest is to use Steam, I explain how below.
1. Open Steam then click on Steam in the top left-hand corner
2. Go to Settings > Now select In-Game
3. Under In-game FPS counter decide where you want the FPS counter to display on your screen
4. Now click OK and then close Steam
5. You can now open Steam and Sons Of The Forest and you will see the FPS counter in-game
Windows Game bar
Another way you can display an FPS counter in Sons Of The Forest is using the Windows built-in Game Bar, this will also display other performance stats.
1. On your keyboard hold the Windows key + G to display the Game Bar overlay
2. Now click on the Widget Menu at the top and go to Performance
3. You will see a Pin icon so click this to pin the performance window > Now select the FPS tab
That’s how you can easily display an FPS counter in Sons Of The Forest on a Windows 10/11 computer, I hope the above guide helped you view what frame rate you are getting in this game. If you enjoyed this guide then check out our other gaming guides.