Fix PunkBuster Getting Kicked Errors In Battlefield 4 On PC 2021
You Have Been Kicked By PunkBuster Fix In Battlefield 4 On Windows 10 PC or Laptop
There are many reasons why you might be getting booted when trying to play Battlefield 4 by PunkBuster. It could be that one of the files has become corrupted, PunkBuster is out of date, or PunkBuster is being blocked.
In this post, we will be taking a look at how you can hopefully fix whatever the issue is that is causing you to get kicked by PunkBuster when trying to play or join a game in Battlefield 4.
You can end up getting an error window that says something like “You have been kicked by PunkBuster”, or get a similar error message about PunkBuster.
It can happen at the beginning of joining a Battlefield 4 server, or it can happen 15 minutes into playing BF4 on your Windows 10 computer. The good news is that there is usually a good reason behind why you are being kicked by PunkBuster in Battlefield 4, and we have listed a few things you can do to fix this below.
How To Fix Battlefield 4 Being Kicked By Punkbuster Error:
1. Update Windows 10 – Ensure your Windows 10 is up to date:
- Right-click on start menu icon > Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on “Check for updates“
2. Update Punkbuster – Make sure PunkBuster is up to date:
- Go to the following link here and click on PB Setup (On the right-hand side)
- Once downloaded extract the pbsetup.exe > Now run the pbsetup.exe
- Now click “Add a game” button then select “Battlefield 4” from the list >Ensure it has the correct install location for your game > Click “Update PunkBuster” button
- Punkbuster will begin to be updated for Battlefield 4 > Once completed try launching BF4 and see if that fixed the issue.
3. Install / Reinstall PunkBuster Service:
- Go to your Battlefield 4 folder
- Run the file pbsvc.exe
- Now follow the on screen instructions to install the PunkBuster service
- Once installed try playing Battlefield 4 and see if that fixed the PunkBuster error
4. Allow PunkBuster access through your Firewall – If you have other security software installed on your computer ensure its not blocking Battlefield 4 and PunkBuster. If you are using Windows Defender:
- Open the Windows start menu and search “Windows Defender Firewall” > Open it
- Now click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall“
- Make sure both Battlefield 4 options have a tick in the “Private” column box
- Make sure PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB both have a tick in the “Private” column box
There you have it that is how you fix PunkBuster making your Battlefield 4 game keep giving you PunkBuster problems. If you are still getting issues with PunkBuster then you might need to reinstall Battlefield 4.
However, the most common causes for PunkBuser giving problems with BF4 are the above methods, so it might be worth trying the above steps again just in case one of the steps didnt work corrrectly.