Delete Unwanted Browser History
In this guide, we will be showing you how to delete browsing history and cache on the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10/11, if you use Edge as your default web browser then the chances are you will have a lot of history stored.
You can pick and choose what you would like to remove, so you could simply delete your last hours browsing or clear your whole Microsoft Edge history.
You can also decide if you would like to remove download and browsing history, search history, cookies, active logins, cache, and more.
Clearing Microsoft Edge history can be a good thing as it keeps your privacy safe, but it also helps free valuable storage space on your hard drive. You would be surprised just how much space your browsing data can hog of your hard drive.
What history can you clear in Microsoft Edge
When it comes to clearing your browsing data and cache in Microsoft Edge you have a few different options to choose from these are:
- Time range (you can decide just how much of your browsing data you would like to remove)
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Autofill form data (includes forms and cards)
- Site permissions
- Hosted app data
- All data from the previous version of Microsoft Edge
How to clear Microsoft Edge history
Below are the steps to clear history and cache as well as other options on Microsoft Edge.
1. Launch Microsoft Edge > Click onto the 3 dots in the top right corner > History > Clear browsing data (ctrl+shift+delete)
2. Once you are happy with your selections you can go ahead and click “Clear now” and that’s it your browsing history will now be removed from Edge and your PC
We hope the above guide helped you clear browsing history on Edge in Windows 10/11 and your web browser now feels fresh and new if you enjoyed this guide and found it helpful then we are sure you would like our other Windows guides.