Windows 10 Delete Applets & ActiveX Controls
When you are browsing the web if you happen to stumble across a website that has an ActiveX control or Java then sometimes these can be downloaded to your PC or laptop.
These could be taking up valuable storage space so you can actually remove the files. There are two ways of going about it below we will show you both methods.
How To Remove Java Applets & ActiveX Controls:
1. Open the start menu and search “Disk Clean-up“
2. If you have more than one drive select the C: Drive
3. Now click the “Clean up system files” button
4. Now unselect everything in the list apart from the “Downloaded Program Files” then click “OK“
5. Click “Delete Files”
1. Open File Explorer
2. In the address bar copy and paste the following and press enter: C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
3. Now select all the files in this folder and delete them
There you have it you have now successfully removed the ActiveX control and Java Applets that have been stored onto your computer!