Cannot Use Harvest Tool Or Shoot In Fortnite On PC!
If you are having problems within Fortnite when trying to use your harvesting tool as it will not swing or hit, or perhaps you just can’t shoot any of your weapons, then don’t panic because there could be a very easy fix for this issue.
The methods below will work if you are using both a mouse & keyboard or a controller.
How To Fix Not Being Able To Use Harvest Tool Or Shoot In Fortnite:
1. Unplug and then plug back in your Mouse or Controller
2. Make sure you have not changed the shooting key in the keyboard settings:
- Launch Fortnite
- Click on the 3 lines in the top right-hand corner and open Settings
- Go across to Keyboard controls and check which keys or buttons you have allocated to Fire
- If you are using a controller on your PC you can go across to Combat controls and check your buttons are correct
3. Update the drivers for your Mouse or Controller:
- Right-click the Windows start menu > Device Manager
- Find your device in the list then right-click it > Click on Update driver > Then click Search automatically for drivers
- It will install the latest drivers for you (If it did not detect a newer driver you could always check the manufacturer’s site for your device to see if they have a newer driver)
If you are still unable to shoot or use the harvest tool then you might need to reinstall Fortnite or try using a different device as the one you are using might be faulty. Try your controller or mouse and keyboard in another game to determine if it’s the device or the game.