Turn Off Animation Effects In Windows 11
Disable Windows 11 Animation Effects
In this Windows 11 guide, we will be taking a look at how you can turn off the animation effects on your PC or laptop. By default, Windows 11 usually has the setting turned on and if your PC or laptop has not got the best hardware specifications then the animation effects could be causing Windows 11 to be sluggish. In fact, this is one of the settings we always recommend turning off to improve the performance of Windows 11.
We will be showing you two different ways to turn off the animation effects. One setting will do everything for you, and the other method you will get to choose which effects you would like to turn off.
What Are Animation effects In Windows 11?
The animation effects setting in Windows 11 will add nice-looking effects that you will notice when you are within Windows programs or apps (For example File Explorer). They will make everything appear smoother and you will also notice effects when minimizing or maximizing. Below is a list of the effects which are applied:
- Animate controls and elements inside Windows
- Animate Windows when minimizing and maximizing
- Animations in the taskbar
- Fade or slide menus into view
- Fade or slide ToolTips into view
- Fade out menu items after clicking
- Slide open combo boxes
- Smooth-scroll list boxes
Why Turn Off Animation Effects?
There are a few different reasons as to why you might want to turn off the animation effects within Windows 11. It could be you just simply do not like all the fancy effects, or you have noticed that all the fancy animating and fading effects are making Windows 11 sluggish and performing poorly.
How To Turn Off Animation Effects?
Now we know what animation effects do in Windows 11 and the benefits of turning the effects off, we can take a look at how you can do it. We have listed two different methods; The first you can turn off all animation effects with the flick of one setting, or method 2 you can choose which effects you want to turn off individually.
1. Right-click the start menu and click “Settings“
2. Now select “Accessibility” in the left-hand menu > Click onto “Visual effects“
3. You will now see a setting for “Animation effects” > Toggle this to “Off“
1. Open the start menu and search “Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows“
2. Select the “Visual Effects” tab then choose the animation effects you want to turn off
That’s all done you have now turned off the animation effects. If you were having issues with Windows 11 Animation Effects being Laggy then this is a simple solution to resolving the issue, but if this was the main cause of you turning off the effects but you did want them on then you could always update your graphics driver which could resolve the issue.
If you do decide that you would like the effects to turn on again then just do the above but in reverse. Also if you liked this guide then we are sure you will enjoy our other Windows 11 guides.