Check Out System Info On Windows 11 PC Or Laptop
Does Windows 11 have a system information tool? The answer to that is yes it does, and in this post we will be showing you how to open it on your PC or laptop.
If you want to check PC specs or quickly find out information about your system in Windows 11, then using system information does a good job at doing this for you.
What is the Windows 11 System Info Tool?
The Windows Operating System has a preinstalled tool called System Information. This awesome tool gets useful info about your PC and allows you to view a summary of this info, going into great detail in some areas.
You will be able to view details about your Windows 11 install and what is happening within the background like print jobs and services etc.
You can also view information about the hardware in your system and the drivers its using. You will be unable to make any changes though, if you would like to do that then you would need to use device manager.
Basically, this is a handy tool if you want to have a look at your Windows 11 computer info and view a lot of different useful information, all summarised into one place!
You can also use this tool to diagnose and troubleshoot issues you may be having on your computer.
What kind of info can you view in Windows System Information?
Microsoft System Information is much like the Windows 10 version. It is broken down into four categories which are listed below, and some of these categories you can then expand to view even smaller subcategories:
- System Summary – This basically does what it says. It will give you information such as; Operating System Name and Version, Computer name and model, Processor model, Virtual Memory summary, and much more general system info.
- Hardware Resources – You can view detailed Memory info, DMA, and Conflicts
- Components – You can view alot of info on; sound devices and driver versions, your display and GPU, storage and drive information and much more.
- Software Environment – You can view detailed info on System Drivers, environment variables, running tasks, startup programs and again much more.
So as you can see using the system information in Windows 11 is very handy and we are glad that Microsoft has kept the tool from previous Windows versions. To open the system information in Windows 11 is the same process as Windows 10 which we have listed below.
How To Check My Laptop Specs & Check My PC Specs In System Info:
1. First you need to open the Windows Start Menu from your Taskbar
2. Now search for “System information” and open it
3. You will have the System Information Tool open and from here you can take a look at your computer info
4. You can expand the categories on the left-hand side to make more subcategories appear > Just simply click on the item that you would like to view and it will appear on the right-hand side (See our example below. We have selected System Summary to view)
There you have it that’s how you open system information in Windows 11. You can now view lots of different information about your PC or Laptop.
Like we previously said this is a very handy tool to remember if you are needing to know some info about your computer or a computer you are currently using, as system information comes installed by default with Windows 10 and Windows 11.
If you found this Windows 11 post helpful then check out our other Windows 11 posts here.