How To Fix PlayStation 5 Black or Blank Screen
No Display On PS5
If you are having problems with your PlayStation 5 displaying no output to your tv then don’t panic just yet.
In this post, we will be taking a look at how you can hopefully fix your PlayStation 5 not showing any display, black screen, or a blank screen. Below we have listed a couple of things you can do which with a bit of luck will sort your PS5 display issues.
How To Fix PlayStation 5 No Display:
1. Ensure the cables are all plugged in correctly
2. Try changing the display port you have plugged your PS5 into
3. Change the HDMI cable for a different one – In case the current one is faulty
4. Make sure you are on the correct HDMI source on your TV
5. Change your video output on your PS5 – Go into safe mode on your PS5 to do this:
- Completely power down your PS5
- Press & hold the power button and after you hear the second beep release the button
- Plug your controller into your PS5 using the cable
- Now select Change Video Output
- Select Change Resolution > You will then get a message saying “Your PS5 will restart. After it’s restarted, select the video output resolution” > Select OK
6. Try plugging your PS5 into a different TV – To ensure your TV is not faulty
There you have it you should now have your display back on your PS5 and be able to jump straight back into action and enjoy playing your games. But if you are still unable to get the display to work on your PS5 then you might need to contact Sony.
Check out more of our PS5 posts here.