In this guide, we will be taking a look at how you can make Windows 11 look awesome. If you are bored with how Windows 11 looks on your PC and would like to customize it to look different, then I have listed steps below on how you can do just that.
Affiliate links may earn us a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase.
There are many different ways of changing how Windows 11 looks and in this guide, I will be showing you how to make Windows 11 look like the picture below.
I personally like the way I have made Windows 11 look in the above picture. You can see I have moved the position of the taskbar to the top of the screen, made the taskbar transparent, changed the size of the taskbar, and also added a very nice-looking clock widget to the desktop.
Is it safe to customize Windows?
Yes, as long as you follow this guide then it’s safe to customize the look of Windows making it look awesome and how you like. However, some of the steps in the guide will require you to make changes to the registry.
So I would recommend you back up the Windows registry before proceeding and back up important files, just in case anything were to go wrong.
Also, you will need to download some third-party programs. But don’t worry as these are free.
Related: How to speed up Windows
How to make Windows 11 look awesome
Below are the steps on how to customize Windows 11 to look like the above picture. I have tried to make it as clear as possible, but if you do get stuck I have added a video on how you can do this as well.
The first thing to do is change the size of the Windows taskbar, which we can do within the Windows Registry.
- First, you need to open the Registry Editor by opening the start menu and typing Registry Editor then opening it
- You now need to go to the below location within the Windows registry
- Once in the location, you now need to right-click in an empty space and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Right-click on TaskbarSi and select Modify
- Change the value to 2 and click OK
Make taskbar transparent
We now need to make the Windows 11 taskbar transparent. We can do this by downloading a program called Translucent TB.
- Open the Microsoft Store
- Now search for TranslucentTB and click the Get button
- Open Translucent then right-click on the system tray icon
- Now go to Desktop and tick Show taskbar border and Clear option
Install Rainmeter & setup desktop clock
Next, we need to install Rainmeter which will then allow us to set up the desktop clock and also the links at the top of the screen.
- First, go to the Rainmeter website here to download the program
- Now run the setup file and follow the steps to install Rainmeter on your computer
- Once installed open Rainmeter and right-click on all the default widgets and click unload
- Now go here to download the clock & links for Rainmeter
- Once downloaded open the file
- You can now position the clock by dragging all of its contents around your desktop to the position you would like it
Finally, we can change the desktop wallpaper. You can use whatever one you want, but the one I used can be found at the link below.
- First, download the wallpaper from here
- Once downloaded right-click on the image and click set as desktop background
I hope the above guide has helped you change the appearance and look of Windows 11 making it look awesome.
If you did like this guide and found it helpful then I am sure you would like our other Windows guides.