If you are having problems with your PlayStation 4 controller then resetting it should hopefully help fix the issue that you are currently experiencing with the controller. Just like resetting the PS5 controller, we are able to reset a PS4 controller using a simple reset button.
So below, I have listed the steps on how you can reset a PS4 controller easily. When you reset your controller you will need to pair the DualShock 4 wireless controller back to your PlayStation 4, so you will need the cable you use to plug the controller into the USB port on the console.
Resetting your PS4 controller will not remove or delete anything from your console, it will only give the controller a factory reset. So it is as if you have just brought the controller new, and never connected it to your PS4 before.
Related: How to clear PS4 cache
How to reset a PlayStation 4 controller
1. Before you can begin to reset your PS4 controller, you will need to find a paper clip or something else thin that you can insert into a small hole on the back of the controller. (I used the pin that you get when purchasing a new phone to remove the sim/sd card slot).
2. Now turn over your PS4 controller and on the back you will see a tiny hole below the L2 button.
3. Grab a small pin or clip like the one in the picture below.
4. Push the small pin or paper clip into the hole and leave it for about 3-5 seconds.
5. You can now plug your controller into the PS4 using the USB cable to pair the device with your console, and begin to use it again as it will have reset.
I hope the above guide has helped you reset your PS4 controller and fixed the pairing and other issues that you have been having with your controller.
If you liked this guide and found it helpful then I am sure you would find our other gaming guides helpful.