Call Of Duty Warzone Fix Page File Errors & VRAM Capping Issues 2021
Fix Page File Error Out Of Memory & VRAM Capping In COD Warzone
Call Of Duty Warzone is an awesome free-to-play Battle Royale game, that you can enjoy on your Windows 10 PC or laptop. But unfortunately, all games have their faults and in this post, we will be taking a look at hopefully fixing the Page File error and also the VRAM capping issue.
These two problems can cause a lot of issues within Warzone and can also have an impact on the performance of the game when playing on your PC!
When it comes to the page file error in Warzone you may have noticed that your game will crash to your Windows 10 desktop and display a window saying something like “paging file error out of memory”. Luckily this is normally a fairly simple issue to fix and it could be as simple as you do not have enough space on your hard drive.
With the VRAM capping issue within Call Of Duty Warzone, this can be resolved by editing a file. This will increase the amount of VRAM available to Warzone and increase the VRAM Max bar. It might take a couple of attempts until you do set the correct value, but once you do it will resolve the VRAM capping problem.
Unfortunately sometimes after a Warzone update, you might need to update the file again as it can sometimes be overwritten with the default values again.
How To Fix Page File Errors & VRAM Capping Issues In Call Of Duty Warzone:
1. Ensure you have the latest Windows 10 updates – This can really work miracles when it comes to resolving problems with games:
- Right-click on the Windows 10 start menu icon > Settings > Update & Security then click “Check for Updates” and install any updates if available
2. Update your graphics card drivers – This can help resolve VRAM capping issues that might be causing stuttering, freezing, FPS drop, etc. Helpful links for installing the latest graphics drivers:
- You can download AMD Drivers from here
- How to install the latest Intel drivers
- How to install the latest NVIDIA drivers
3. Video Memory Scale – By editing this setting you can increase the VRAM Max Bar within Call Of Duty Warzone, and by increasing the bar and giving the game more VRAM to use you can resolve a lot of graphical problems:
- Open your Documents folder > Call Of Duty Modern Warfare > Players > Right-click and edit the file “adv_options.ini”
- Once you have the file open in Notepad you now need to increase the value of videomemoryscale. Just increase the value slowly and keep testing the game to ensure it is running fine and stable (don’t allocate too much VRAM only what your graphics card is capable of)
4. Virtual Memory on Auto – By ensuring you have this setting on automatically it should fix the page file error you are getting which is causing Call Of Duty Warzone to crash to the desktop:
- Open the Windows 10 start menu and search “Adjust the appearance and performance of windows” and click this option
- Select the Advanced tab and under Virtual Memory you need to click change
- You now need to make sure “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” is selected
- Once you have selected the option click Ok and try launching Warzone again
5. Make sure your RAM is fitted \ seated correctly into your motherboard – If your memory is slightly loose for some reason this can cause all sorts of problems with Windows 10 and also Warzone (Be careful when checking if your RAM is fitted correctly if your unsure of how to do this ask someone that does)
6. Close Programs – If you having any programs running when trying to play Warzone close these down as they could be causing the page file error and VRAM capping issues
7. Repair game files – If the above methods did not fix the problem you are having with Warzone then repairing the game files can work wonders at resolving issues. It will scan for any missing or corrupted files and if it detects any problems with your Warzone install it will then attempt to fix the problem:
- Open the Battle.net app > Select Call Of Duty Modern Warfare
- Click Settings Cog > Click on Repair Game Files
Check out this video tutorial below on FIX Call Of Duty Warzone VRAM Capping Issue & Page File Error Out Of Memory if you are getting stuck: