MotoGP 22 is out and I have been having a lot of fun racing around the circuits and reaching some high speeds, which let’s be fair would be pretty scary in real life! If you have been unfortunate to not be able to enjoy the game because you having are issues, then you have come to the right place. It’s really annoying if MotoGP 22 keeps crashing and getting stuck on the loading screen, on your PS4 or PS5.
So in this guide, we will be taking a look at fixing MotoGP 22 crashing, freezing, not loading, and not launching on your PlayStation console. There can be many things that can cause the MotoGP 22 game to have these issues. Sometimes it could be something simple or slightly more complex, but it is unlikely to be a fault with your PlayStation.
Table Of Contents
What Will The Methods Fix?
The methods below are aimed at resolving all sorts of issues when it comes to MotoGP on a PlayStation. Some of these issues are:
- Not launching
- Stuck on loading screen
- Not Loading
If I have not listed the freezing or loading issue that you are having with MotoGP 22 on your PS5 or PS4, then don’t worry because I can’t list everything. And it’s still definitely worth giving the methods below a try.
What Can Cause MotoGP 22 To Crash & Freeze On PlayStation?
There can be many reasons why you are having loading and crashing issues in MotoGP 22 on a PS5 or PS4. It could be you are running low on disk space, your PlayStation is not up to date, or the database needs rebuilding.
It’s hard to know the exact reason, so you will need to try each method below until one hopefully fixes the issue for you.
How To Fix MotoGP 22 PS5/PS4 Not Loading Or Launching & Crashing:
Below I have listed the different methods that you can try and hopefully one of them will fix the crashing and not launching issues that you are having with the latest MotoGP 2022 game.
1. Turn Off Console:
- Close the game then shutdown your PlayStation completely (not rest mode).
- Unplug from the mains for 60 seconds
- Then plug your console back in and launch the game and see if you still have the same issue
2. Check Game Updates
If MotoGP 22 is not up to date then there could be an update/patch that fixes the issue you are facing. So go ahead and check for updates:
- Go to the MotoGP 22 game icon on the home screen
- Press the Options button on your PlayStation controller
- Select “Check for update“
3. Check System Updates:
It’s important to make sure your PlayStation is up to date. Not only for security reasons but also it could help resolve MotoGP 22 crashing:
- Go to Settings then System Software Update
- It will then check for updates
- Go to Settings > System
- Select System Software > “System Software Update and Settings“
- Then go to Update System Software
4. Disk Space:
Make sure you have plenty of disk space on your PlayStation internal drive:
- Go to Settings and then Storage
- It will calculate how much space you have left
- Same as the PS4 go to Settings from the home screen > Storage
- Ensure you have enough storage
5. Rebuild Database
There could be an issue with your database. Luckily we can do a rebuild which should resolve the issue, and help with MotoGP 22 not launching. And it’s not too difficult to do:
- Power off your PS4 completely > Hold the power button > Release after second beep
- Connect your controller via cable and then select Rebuild Database
- Boot the PS5 into safe mode by holding the power button and then let go on the second beep
- Go to Clear Cache and Rebuild Database (Option 5)
- Then select “Rebuild Database” > Once happy Press OK
6. Remove Saved Data
If your saved game data has become corrupted then you are going to have issues with the game not working correctly. Make sure you back up and remove your saved data, then launch the game and see if it works:
- Go to Settings > “Saved Data and Game/App Settings“
- Select Saved Data (if on a PS5 you will have more options to choose)
- Go to Console Storage and then select MotoGP 22 > Delete
7. Reinstall MotoGP 22
If none of the methods above have helped then reinstalling the game should hopefully do the job. If you did have the game installed to an external drive then try and install it to the PS internal drive:
- Go to the MotoGP 22 game icon on the PS home screen
- Press the Options button on your controller (3 lines)
- Press Delete
- Reinstall the game
I hope the above methods have helped fix the issues you were having with MotoGP 22 not loading, not launching, or crashing on your PS5 or PS4.
If the methods did not help then you might need to wait until a new update gets released for the game that might fix the issue you are having. Or you could always try resetting your PlayStation back to its original default settings.
If you did find this guide helpful then we are sure you would like all of our other gaming guides here.