Quick Hibernate Shortcut On Your Taskbar In Windows 10
In this Windows 10 post, we will be showing you how you can add a shortcut to your Windows 10 Taskbar that will make your PC or Laptop go into hibernate.
This makes life a little easier than having to hibernate your computer through the start menu.
However, don’t accidentally press the shortcut as your PC or laptop will go straight into hibernation without warning.
You can also create a keyboard shortcut that puts your system into hibernate. Check out this post here.
How To Add The Hibernate Shortcut To Your Windows 10 Taskbar:
1. Right-click on your desktop then click “New” > “Shortcut“
2. In the location box type the following: shutdown /h
3. Now give the shortcut a name (by default it is “Shutdown”)
4. Now right-click the shortcut > Click “Pin to taskbar“
5. Right-click the shortcut on your desktop and delete it as it’s no longer needed
If you don’t like the hibernate icon you can change it by right-clicking on the shortcut before you pin it to your Taskbar. Then click properties > Now click the “Shortcut” tab then the “change icon” button and choose a new icon