Quick Sign Out Shortcut On Your Taskbar In Windows 10
In this post, we will be showing you how you can add a shortcut to your Windows 10 taskbar that will sign you out.
This will work on both a PC and Laptop and it can actually make it a lot faster when it comes to signing out of Windows 10.
You can also add a keyboard shortcut that signs you out of Windows. Check out this post here.
How To Add Sign Out Shortcut To Your Windows 10 Taskbar:
1. Right-click on your desktop then click “New” > “Shortcut“
2. In the location box type: shutdown /l
3. Now give the shortcut a name (by default it is “Shutdown”)
4. Now right-click the shortcut > click “Pin to taskbar“
5. Right-click the shortcut on your desktop and delete it as it’s no longer needed
You can change how the sign out icon looks by right clicking on the shortcut before you pin it to your taskbar then click properties > Now click the “Shortcut” tab then the “change icon” button and choose a new icon
There you have it you can now quickly sign out of Windows 10 from your taskbar without having to open the start menu every time. If you would like to add a shutdown, Restart, or perhaps a hibernate, shortcut to your taskbar as well then this can also be easily done.