Graphics Bad, Glitching, and Blurry In Dota 2 In Windows
If you are playing Dota 2 on your Windows 10/11 PC or laptop but finding that the graphics happen to keep going bad, then don’t worry because in this post we have listed a few things that you can do which will hopefully resolve the graphical issues you are facing.
You might be facing graphical issues in Dota 2 such as:
- Dota 2 graphics are blurry
- Dota 2 bad textures
- Dota 2 graphics glitching
- Dota 2 graphics really bad
Try out the methods that we have listed and after you have done each method go ahead and launch Dota 2 and see if it hopefully resolved the graphics problem. If it didn’t then move onto the next method.
Table Of Contents
Steps To Fixing Graphics Issues in Dota 2:
Below are the different steps for fixing graphics problems in Dota 2 you will need to do each method until one fixes the issue you are having.
Fix 1: Update Your graphics drivers
This is most important as it usually resolves most graphics problems with games:
If you already have the latest graphics card drivers installed then try installing the previous drivers just in case there is an issue with the new driver.
Fix 2: Change Dota 2 Graphics
Change your graphics preference in Windows settings.
- Right-click the Start menu icon > Settings
- Click on System
- Select Display on the left-hand menu > Scroll down and click on”Graphics settings“
- In the Drop-down menu select “Desktop app” > Now click “Browse” then select dota2.exe and add it
- Now click Dota 2 in the list and click “Options” > High performance
Fix 3: Remove Overclock settings
If you have overclocked your graphics card then try temporarily removing the overclock settings as this can sometimes cause issues
Fix 4: Update DirectX
If you don’t have the latest files installed for DirectX then this can cause issues.
- Click here to download DirectX then follow the on-screen instructions
Fix 5: Change Dota 2 Graphics Settings
In Dota 2 try using the below graphics settings.
Launch Dota 2 > Open the Settings > Go across to Video Settings > Click “Use advanced settings” and do the following:
- Grass – Enable
- Anti-aliasing – Enable
- Texture quality – Medium
- Effects quality – Medium
- Shadow quality – Off
- Game Screen Render Quality – 80%
- Max FPS allowed – 60 (If you have a better GPU raise it higher)
- Rendering – Direct3D 11
Fix 6: Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
You will only be able to use Hardware-accelerated GPU if your GPU supports it.
- Right-click on Windows start menu icon > Settings
- Click on System > Select Display on the left
- Click on Graphics Settings
- Toggle Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling to ON
Fix 7: Display cable
Check it’s not your monitor’s cable causing the problem Try changing the cable for a new one if you have one available.
Fix 8: Display port
Try using a different display port on your graphics card and also a different display port on your monitor
- How to install older version of NVIDIA drivers
- How to install latest Intel drivers
- How to install latest NVIDIA drivers
Also, check all our other Dota 2 posts here.