Download Older Nvidia Drivers For Your NVIDIA GPU
We really like NVIDIA Graphics cards and the drivers are normally pretty sound. However, you might want to install Nvidia old drivers on your Windows 10 PC/laptop or Windows 11 PC/laptop.
Affiliate links may earn us a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase.
There is an Nvidia driver archive where you can download old Nvidia drivers. So in this guide, we will be taking a look at how you can download and install old archive NVIDIA drivers for your graphics card.
NVIDIA allows you to download an old version driver from a while back. So if you want to install a specific driver version then you should be able to find it within the archive, providing it is still available to download.
It’s best to not download drivers from a third-party website as it could have been tampered with so always ensure you get it from the NVIDIA site.
Why Download Old NVIDIA Archive Driver?
You might be wondering why you would want to download old graphics card drivers? Well, the reason for this is perhaps you are experiencing issues with the latest graphics card driver.
Or maybe you want to play an older game and it does not support the latest GPU driver. It might even be the Windows operating system you are using won’t allow the newest drivers to install as they are not compatible.
Are Old NVIDIA Drivers Free?
Just like updating your NVIDIA driver to the latest version, it’s free to download an old NVIDIA driver from their website. And you will also be able to choose which driver you would like to download; NVIDIA Studio Driver or GeForce Game Ready Driver.
Related: How to clear NVIDIA cache files
Installing Old Archive NVIDIA Drivers In Windows 10/11:
We have listed the steps below for downloading and installing the old graphics card drivers to your computer in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
1. Go to the following NVIDIA link here
2. Use the drop-down arrows to select the correct information for each search field (Such as; Product Type, Product Series, Product, Operating System, etc)
3. Once you are happy with your selection press “Search“
3. You will see a list of all the old drivers for your GPU > Choose which old driver you would like to install and click on the Driver hyperlink > Click on “Download“
4. Press “Save file” > Once the file has finished downloading run the setup file and press OK
5. Follow the on-screen steps
6. You can now choose if you would like to install using the Express (recommended) option > Or you can choose Custom (If you want to do a clean install)
6. You can check the correct version has installed by opening your NVIDIA Control Panel (Right-click on NVIDIA icon in your system tray)
You should now have an older version NVIDIA driver installed on your computer. If you are struggling to install old NVIDIA drivers then you might need to use a program called DDU to uninstall the driver, check out this post here.
If you enjoyed this guide and found it helpful then we are sure you would like all our other Windows guides.
Check out the video here on How to download older Nvidia drivers, if you are getting stuck.