Fix Rivatuner Error properly without just hiding it
RivaTuner is a fantastic program that can be installed with MSI Afterburner. Both of these are a great combo and handy tools to have on your Windows PC or laptop, and can really help you get the most out of your Nvidia GPU.
Unfortunately, there can be a couple of issues with the program; The first being an issue with not being able to download MSI Afterburner from their website. You can find out how to resolve this issue here. The second issue is what we will be taking a look at in this guide, which is a RivaTuner error message.
The Rivatuner error message will pop up on your screen displaying a warning saying something like: “RivaTunerStatisticsServer. Some system components cannot be hooked right now. It is strongly recommended to restart application.”
What is the Rivatuner Statistics Server?
Have you have just installed Rivatuner in Windows 10 along with MSI Afterburner, but not actually used it yet because you are getting this frustrating error? Basically, the Rivatuner Statistics Server allows you to monitor and tune or overclock your NVIDIA graphics card. so is very handy for PC gaming.
Why is Rivatuner not working?
There can be many reasons why you get errors with Rivatuner on your Windows PC or laptop. The most likely reason for this error could be due to a recent Windows 10 update.
It is always important to make sure your Windows system is up to date however, occasionally an update can also cause bugs or errors with apps and programs such as MSI and Rivatuner. You can always install older versions of Windows updates if needed.
There is only one way to properly fix this error and that is by installing the latest version of Rivatuner. You can hide or cover up the error but this will not fix the issue and it will only hide the fact that Rivatuner is not running correctly.
How to hide the Rivatuner error:
1. Make sure you have completely closed MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner and then go to the location where you installed Rivatuner on your PC (the default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server)
2. Open the folder called ProfileTemplates > Find the Config file then right-click and Open with notepad
3. Find the line that says “Silent” and change it from 0 to 1 > Press Save (If you are having issues opening or saving the config file then make sure you are signed as an admin)
Fixing System Components Cannot Be Hooked In RivaTuner:
1. Click on the following RivaTuner link
2. Once you are on the Rivatuner website you now need to download the latest version (at the time of writing this guide it was version RTSS 7.3.3)
3. Once the download is complete you now need to make sure MSI Afterburner & RivaTuner are closed then run the install and make sure you install it to the same directory as your current install of RivaTuner
4. Restart your system
That’s how easy it is to fix the System Components error in Rivatuner on your Windows PC or laptop. Hopefully, you can now launch the program and everything should now be working as normal again. If this guide did help you out then you can check out our other Windows guides here.