How To Properly FIX RivaTuner System Components Cannot Be Hooked Right Now
Fix Rivatuner Error properly without just hiding it
There have been a couple of issues with MSI Afterburner recently. The first issue being you could not actually download MSI Afterburner from their website. You can find out how to resolve this issue here. In this tutorial, we will be taking a look at a different problem.
The problem we will be looking at in this post is an issue with MSI Afterburner Rivatuner displaying an error such as “RivaTunerStatisticsServer Some system components cannot be hooked right now. It is strongly recommended to restart application.”
This error was more than likely caused due to a recent Windows 10 update.
There is only one way to properly fix this error and that is by installing the latest version of Rivatuner. You can hide or cover up the error but this will not fix the issue and it will only hide the fact that Rivatuner is not running correctly.
If you would like to just hide the Rivatuner error:
1. Go to the location where you installed Rivatuner (the default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server) > You then need to open the folder called ProfileTemplates > Find the config file then right-click > Open with notepad.
2. You now need to find the line that says “Silent” and change it from 0 to 1 then save (You must have MSI Afterburner & RivaTuner closed to save the config file and you may also need to open the file as an admin)
How To Properly FIX RivaTuner System Components Cannot Be Hooked Right Now:
1. To properly fix the error “Some system components cannot be hooked right now.” you need to click on this link: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html
2. Once you are on the Rivatuner website you now need to download the latest version (at the time of writing this tutorial it was version 7.3.0 Beta 10)
3. Once the download is complete you now need to make sure MSI Afterburner & RivaTuner are closed then run the install and make sure you install it to the same directory as your current install of RivaTuner.
4. Restart your system. (Everything should now be working as normal again)
Check out the video tutorial below on How To Properly FIX RivaTuner System Components Cannot Be Hooked Right Now if you are getting stuck: