How To Check Steam Is Up To Date On Computer
Check For Updates & Update Steam Client To Latest Version
In this post, we will be showing you how you can check that your Steam client is up to date on your Windows PC or Laptop.
It’s important to be running the latest Steam update as it can resolve any security threats, bugs, problems and also add new features. So why wouldn’t you want to be running the latest version?
We have listed the steps below showing you how to check you have the latest version of Steam installed.
Update Steam To The Latest Version:
1. Open Steam and Sign in
2. Once open click “Steam” in the top left corner
3. Now click “Check for Steam Client Updates…“
4. Steam will begin to check if any updates are available
5. You will now have a message saying if Steam detected any new updates and they will begin to install
6. Alternatively you may get a message saying “Your Steam client is already up to date“
There you have it that’s how you can check and install the latest updates for the Steam client.
Did you know Steam has a mode that uses less memory so you then have more memory for your games, check out this post here.
Also, if you did like this post check out some of our Windows 10 posts here.
Check out the video tutorial below on How To Check For Updates In Steam On PC if you are getting stuck: