How To Fix Roblox Connection Issues On PC
Roblox Keeps Disconnecting & Lagging On PC
If you are having connection issues when playing Roblox on your computer like; Roblox keeps lagging when playing, Roblox keeps stuttering or perhaps you keep getting disconnected from Roblox, then there are a few things that could be causing these issues.
When you are trying to play Roblox it could be as simple as someone else is using a lot of bandwidth on your network slowing down your connection speeds, or perhaps you’re using Wi-Fi and you are getting a lot of packet loss in Roblox.
Below we have written up a list of methods that will hopefully fix the network connection issues you are experiencing in Roblox on your Windows 10 PC or Laptop.
How To Fix Connection Problems In Roblox:
1. Ensure no one else is downloading or doing something that uses a lot of bandwidth – This will cause your Roblox game to lag
2. Make sure there are no known issues with your internet provider in your local area – You can easily check your service providers website to check for any current issues
3. Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date:
- Right-click the start menu icon > Settings > Update & Security
- Now click the Check for updates button
4. Update your network adapter drivers – If you don’t have the latest drivers this could be the reasons why your game keeps disconnecting:
- Right-click the Windows start menu icon > Device Manager
- Expand Network adapters then right-click your network adapter and click Update driver
- If you have the latest driver installed already according to Windows 10 then check out the manufacturer’s website for your network card and see if there is a newer driver to install
5. Check to see if other users are having connection issues – The Roblox servers could be having problems or be down:
- Check out this website here to view current issues with Roblox
6. If you are using a Wireless connection then plug your laptop or PC directly into your router – Using Wi-Fi can be a massive cause of connection issues when playing Roblox and it’s very easy to get packet loss when using Wi-Fi
7. Move closer to the Wi-Fi connection point – If you have no option but to use wireless try and see if that helps resolve the issue
8. If you are using a network cable replace the cable – They can be easily damaged and if it has a slight bit of damage this can causing all sorts of connection issues
9. Run a Troubleshoot on your network and internet:
- Right-click the Windows start menu button > Settings > Update & Security
- On the left-hand menu click Troubleshoot > Then Additional troubleshooters
- First, run the Internet Connections troubleshooter
- Once that’s finished run the Network Adapter troubleshooter
Hopefully, one of the above methods has helped resolve the connection problems you were facing in Roblox on your computer. It can be very frustrating when trying to play Roblox and everything is very laggy and your game keeps getting disconnected.