Fix Roblox Keeps Crashing & Errors In Windows
Roblox is a favourite game of ours when it comes to free-to-play games. The limits within the game are pretty limitless, and if you do start to get bored you can then create your own game using Roblox Studio.
However, sometimes when you are trying to play Roblox games on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC or Laptop, you may encounter issues with the game. These issues could be that Roblox keeps crashing to your desktop, freezing then crashing, or perhaps it’s making your system bluescreen and you are having to restart your system.
There are two different ways of playing Roblox on your computer. You can either play it using your web browser, or the newest way which is to play it by downloading Roblox through the Microsoft store. The methods below will work for both versions of Roblox.
Why Is Roblox Freezing & Not Launching On My PC?
Many things can cause Roblox to crash or give you errors such as “An unexpected error occurred“. If you have out of date drivers then these can cause huge issues, as well as not keeping Windows up to date
Also, if your system does not meet the minimum requirements to play the game then not only will you have issues with it crashing and freezing, but Roblox will not launch either and may give you an error code. But like we said above, there are many reasons so you will need to try each method below until one hopefully resolves Roblox crashing or freezing.
Roblox PC Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10
- Supported Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, & Microsoft Edge
- Processor: A recent processor of 2005+ with 1.6 Ghz
- Memory: 1 GB
- Graphics Card: A PC no more than 5 years old with a dedicated graphics card, or a laptop no more than 3 years old with a built in GPU
- DirectX Version: DirectX 10
- Storage Space: At least 20MB
Roblox Still Not Working?
If you have tried all of the methods below and are still having issues with Roblox crashing, freezing, and giving you error codes, then the next thing to do is to consider resetting Windows. It could be a corrupted system file causing the issue. But before you do this you could try creating a new user profile and seeing if Roblox works on that user.
Fix Roblox PC Crashes & Errors On Windows 10 PC:
Hopefully, by following the methods in this guide, you will be able to fix the issue you are facing in popular Roblox games such as Adopt Me! and Blox Fruit, on your PC or laptop.
1. Check your computer has the correct hardware to run Roblox:
- You can check out the required PC specs for the game above, or you can view them here.
2. Update your Graphics Card Drivers
Before anything, you will want to ensure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed. Not only could these help stop your game from crashing, but they can also help improve the fps and performance of Roblox:
3.. Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed:
This is always important to do to keep your system secure and to help to fix issues with games:
- Right-click on the Windows start menu icon > Settings
- Click on Updates & Security > Click on Check for updates
The following steps apply to the Web Browser version of Roblox:
4. Make sure your Web Browser is up to date:
If you don’t have the latest version of your web browser this could cause issues, making Roblox not launch or crash:
- How to check for updates in Firefox
- How to check for updates in Chrome
- How to check for updates in Edge
5. Try using a different Web Browser to launch Roblox:
There may be an issue with the current Web Browser you are using making Roblox crash, so go ahead and try another browser.
6. Make sure you don’t have any other tabs open:
Check open tabs within the web browser that you are using when launching the game. And close any down that you are not using.
7. Try installing the version of Roblox from the Microsoft Store instead:
- You can view how to install Roblox from the Microsoft Store here
The following steps apply to the Microsoft Store version of Roblox:
8. Make sure you have the latest version of Roblox and the Microsoft Store installed:
- Open the Windows start menu and search “Microsoft Store” > Open the Microsoft Store
- Click the 3 dots in the top right-hand corner > Click on Downloads and Updates
- Click the Get Updates button and install the updates if there any available
7. Try installing the Web Browser version of Roblox instead:
- You can view how to install Roblox from a web browser here
The following steps apply to both versions of Roblox:
8. Reset internet options
This will reset Internet Explorer settings back to their original default settings:
- Open the Windows start menu and search “Internet Options” > Open Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced tab > Then click the Reset button > Press Apply and OK
9. Make Roblox Run as an admin
Running games as an administrator can resolve all sorts of crashing and launching issues:
- Right-click on the Roblox shortcut or .exe > Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab > Tick the box for Run this program as an administrator
- Press Apply and OK
10. Lower the graphics settings in-game
If you have the settings too high and your graphics and other hardware cannot handle it, then the game will crash to the desktop or even bluescreen:
- Launch Roblox and launch the game that you want to play (for example Brookhaven)
- Once the game is open click on the small Roblox icon in the top left-hand corner or press ESC on your keyboard to open the menu
- Click on Settings
- Change Graphics mode to Manual
- Press the + (plus) or – (minus) to adjust the Graphics quality
- Press ESC to return to your game
11. Close down all background programs:
If you have a music player, other web browsers, or Discord open in the background then make sure they are all closed (especially programs like discord that use an overlay). These are known for sometimes causing games to crash.
12. Uninstall and reinstall Roblox:
The only other option now is to try and uninstall Roblox and then reinstall it to your PC.
That is the end of our guide to fixing errors, not launching, and crashing in Roblox. There can be many reasons why your Roblox game is crashing such as corrupted files, a bug in a graphics driver, or perhaps you are using a new device on your system that Roblox does not agree with.
But hopefully, you have been able to fix the reasons why your Roblox game was crashing. If this guide did help you out then check out our other gaming guides.