CSGO Not Loading In Windows 10
In this post, we will be taking a look at hopefully resolving the reason why your Counter-Strike: Global Offensive game will not load on your PC or Laptop.
When trying to launch CSGO from the shortcut it may be getting stuck on the loading screen, or it might not load when you try to join a game in CSGO.
Below we have listed a few things you can do which should fix CSGO not loading on your PC or laptop.
CSGO Not Loading On PC:
1. Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements – If it does not then it will not load:
- You can view the CSGO System Requirements on this page here
2. Update Windows 10 – Make sure you have the latest Windows 10 updates installed:
- Right-click start menu icon > Settings > Update & Security > Then click the “Check for updates” button
3. Run a check on your hard drive – Ensure there are not any issues with your hard drive:
- Open File Explorer > Right-click the hard drive CSGO is installed on > Properties
- Click on Tools > Then click the “Check” button under Error Checking > Click on Scan drive
4. Run CSGO as an admin:
- Right-click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in your Steam Library and go to Properties
- Click on Local Files and then Browse
- Right-click CSGO shortcut > Properties > Compatability > Tick “Run this program as an administrator” then click Apply and “OK“
5. Try moving CSGO onto a different hard drive – If your hard drive is slightly old or perhaps there is an issue with your drive then this could cause Counter Strike not to load, so try moving CSGO to a different drive and see if that works
6. Check CSGO for corrupt files:
- In Steam go to your Library and right-click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive > Go to Properties
- Click “Local files” and then click on Verify integrity of game files
7. Reinstall Counter Strike Global Offensive on your PC – If one of the files has become corrupted then this will cause CSGO to stop loading, so doing a fresh install should resolve the problem:
- Open Steam and Uninstall CSGO
- Then search for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and install it on your PC again
There you have it those are the methods for fixing Counter Strike Global Offensive not loading on your PC or Laptop. Comment below and let everyone know which method helped fix your CSGO.